Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Best Burger in DC


Last night I ate the best burger in DC.  
BGR The Burger Joint
I researched them online and glanced over the menu before my friend and I went in.  
Then, I walked into the restaurant.  The place is small and if you didn’t know what you were looking for, you would walk right by it.  
I walked in and the atmosphere totally took me by surprise.  The music was awesome and the decor was even better.  They have a sweet pop machine, that pours dozens of varieties of pop with just the push of a button.  I have never seen anything like it.  But, really, who needs a pop when you taste their double chocolate milkshake.  Seriously, it was DELICIOUS!
My friend was definitely in awe of this place.  The only thing he could say was, “The staff was passionate and musical.”  (Yes, that was the best quote I could get from him.  Pathetic, right!)
Passionate does not begin to describe the staff.  John was the first person I noticed at BGR.  He was so happy to see my friend and me, and he was way more excited when we told him we were first time customers.  
I didn’t order off the menu.  Instead I told John a few of the ingredients I wanted and he created an awesome burger for me.  All I wanted was pepper-jack cheese, avocado and onion.  (Hey, I’m not kissing anyone tonight, so stop judging me!)  When my food was cooked to order and perfectly ready, it looked amazing.  It was dripping was guacamole - what’s NOT to love about guacamole!  
Everything about my trip to BGR The Burger Joint was perfect.  Dupont Circle is a big place, but I’m so glad I didn’t walk past this little place.
Thanks, John!

3 comments:

  1. I want to go there! It sounds amazing, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's soooo good, Carmen! We MUST go there one day! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too! And I'll put it on our to-do list. :)

    ReplyDelete