Monday, May 27, 2013

Signs of aging


As you know, dear reader, the impending doom of 30 is rapidly approaching.  It’s already late-May, and I have less than 7 months to live up my 20s. 

Getting older is, no doubt, inescapable.  There are, however, vivid signs of my age that have slowly crept up me like growing ivy. 

·         My savings accounts are always on my mind.
·         I own spanx.
·         My body flattens when I lay down.
·         I will only buy comfortable, functional shoes.
·         There is something wrong with my left knee.
·         No matter how much I sleep, I still feel tired in the morning.
·         I don’t like to drive at night anymore.
·         It takes forever to get over a cold.
·         It makes me happy to see that other people from high school have gained weight too.
·         IF I get into a swimsuit, it’s a one-piece.  If I ever have enough courage to wear a two-piece again, it’ll probably be a tankini with a skirt.
·         I think no one should make major life decisions until they turn 30.  (Major life decisions = buying a house, getting married, procreating, etc.)
·         I wash my hand much more often that I ever used to.
·         My back hurts when I stand at the sink.
·         No matter what I eat, I’m going to need a Tums. 
·         I’m still mad that high school wasn’t like 90210 or Saved by the Bell.
·         I spend the extra money for transition lenses.
·         I can never tell if I’m bloated or just chubby.
·         I’m in my jam-jams by 8pm.
·         Dress pants without creases bother me.
·         Your friends start having kids on purpose.
·         I always confirm my plans and appointments.
·         My grandmother and I have long discussions about the crossword.
·         I’m not fully convinced that I’m a grown-up, even though I’ve been doing it all on my own for over 10 years.
·         I have to pee in the middle of the night, sometimes more than once.  And then I need another Tums. 

Pretending to be an adult is quite exhausting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment