Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Anniversary


One year ago today, I joined the blogosphere.  I put myself out there for the entire world to read.  I’ve detailed some of the conflicting ideas that swirl around in my head.  I’ve let you in on a few adventures I’ve taken.  I’ve made book recommendations.  But mostly, I’ve kept myself accountable.  The whole point of this blog was to keep me accountable.  One of my biggest fears is coming home at night and watching TV.  Instead of being lazier than I already am, I’ve made huge efforts to make the most of Washington DC.  

Here is my check-up, my memories of what I’ve done in the past 6 months:

  • Participated in Bike to Work Day 2012
  • Went to an event with Jen Lancaster
  • Finished my Spring Touch Football league
  • Went to a friend’s PhD graduation
  • Visited the Natural History Museum
  • Started Bikram Yoga classes
  • Had a couple massages
  • Started apartment shopping
  • Took a sewing classes
  • Went to a few Washington Nationals games
  • Quit going to Bikram Yoga 
  • Played a summer softball league
  • Started (and fell in love with) hiking
  • Began a Pilates class
  • Renewed our lease at our current apartment
  • Went on a job interview
  • Went to a pirate bar
  • Had a tour of the West Wing of the White House
  • Went to a Cheryl Strayed event
  • Ventured to Harpers Ferry, WV to go tubing
  • Visited Annapolis, MD a few times
  • Went to a Grease-Sing-A-Long movie
  • Visited the Robert E. Lee house in Arlington National Cemetery
  • Hurt my knee and started physical therapy
  • Saw All’s Well That Ends Well at the Shakespeare Theater
  • Went to a lecture on the book The End of Men by Hanna Rosin
  • Quit going to physical therapy
  • Saw Hamlet at the Folger Shakespeare Library
  • Saw Cirque du Soleil at the National Harbor
  • Went to a lecture by Jeffery Eugenides
  • Got my haircut
  • Met Colin Powell at a book signing event
  • Went to Italy with my family
  • Started a fall Touch Football league
  • Started a fall Volleyball league
  • Began a fall Softball league
  • Survived Hurricane Sandy
  • Attended a conversation titled, “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All”
  • Began National Novel Writing Month (I am currently at 18,137 words!)
  • Achieved a positive net worth

So there you have it, dear reader.  This is what I’ve been doing for the past 6 months.  I hope you have also had a productive and fun 6 months.  

I am eager to hear what you have done!!  Anything exciting???

No comments:

Post a Comment