Sunday, November 25, 2012

Not Writing


Well, the end of National Novel Writing Month is in FIVE days!  

Five days people!!!  

So, I planned on writing tonight.  All night.  I have a lot to do too, such as 25,000 words in just a few days.  That’s <opening up Calculator> 5,000 words each day until the end of this challenge. (So what if I needed my calculator for that!  Don’t judge!)

I set up my perfect evening to get a lot of writing done.  And, I left my last day of writing on a cliffhanger, so I have a lot to say.  (In theory, I have a lot to say.)

Then, it happened.  Life.  Tragedies.  Horrible Things.  Here are the things that happened to interfere with the writing process.  I hope I can make it through the night. <Insert exhausted face here.>

1.  Cleaning out the DVR.  The boy is gone for 3 more days so I’m trying to watch as much crappy TV without hearing him complain.  It’s a difficult task, but I’ll persevere. 

2.  Brownies.  My sister and I made brownies and I must finish the whole pan tonight.  Yes, I’m a glutton.  (Don’t judge!)  This process might last the entire evening.  Can you picture me popping open a fresh box of Tums as we speak???

3.  iPad.  My iPad got sick.  I have to restore it to it’s original settings.  Then I have to activate the amazing powers of iCloud.  It’s a mess.  I must fix it immediately, which will probably take a good 45 minutes.

4.  Ironing.  I like to pick out all of my clothes and iron everything for the whole week on Sundays.  It’s really going to take up about 30 minutes of my time.

5.  Eyebrows.  My eyebrows are out of control.  I’ll need to spend at least 4 minutes cleaning them up.  Or I’ll stop when my tears have blinded me from my proper plucking posture.

Of course I have to tell you, dear reader, about all of these very important things that must be done at this very moment, which is prohibiting me from writing my novel.  So, while I might not finish my required word count for tonight, do not fear.  I’m quite busy eating brownies, plucking my eyebrows, ironing, and reorganizing my Apps on my iPad while the TV is keeping me company in the background.  

Whew, what a busy night of.....not writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment