Monday, March 12, 2012

A Trip to Great Falls



I had the absolute pleasure of enjoying Great Falls National Park this weekend.
A few friends and I got up really early, faced the brisk cold, and made it to the park before it got busy.  We mostly had the place to ourself, and we throughly enjoyed every second.  
I felt like I was really one with nature.  I could hear the roar of the river, punctuated by the chirping of the birds.  It was pure bliss.  I could have stayed there all day and enjoyed the views.  It would have been an idyllic place for reading under a tall tree. 
One of my downfalls is getting into ruts.  This is something I am not proud of, but am actively working on.  Honestly, dear reader, on most days I come home and do nothing.  I watch mindless television and play on the internet.  The purpose of this blog is to engage with my environment.  I live in such an awesome place that has so much to offer.  There are so many historical sites, museums, and hidden spots that are waiting for me to explore.  This trip to Great Falls was my attempt in connecting with nature and exploring my world.  I live in 700 square feet, dear reader.  Sometimes it feels like my walls are caving in on me.
Great Falls is about 30 minutes from my apartment.  (The drive was easy, with my Garmin, of course.)  I really have no excuse to enjoy the world around me.  I mean, look at this place.  How could you NOT want to visit this park???
I’m new to this hiking thing.  I am trying to make a safe and fun experience for myself, thus well-packed, super-cute green hiking bag.  I'm trying to look well put together, but I am no professional.  
I will say that I loved every second of being at Great Falls.  I didn’t mind the cold.  The trails were easy to navigate, and now, I’m looking for my next adventure. 
Are you in?  What is your next adventure???

1 comment:

  1. I love great falls. And hiking is a wonderful thing. So rewarding!

    ReplyDelete