Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Billy Goat Trail


Last weekend I made my second hike of the year.  My friend Lineka and I drove up to the Billy Goat Trail to get starting on our outdoor adventure.  Spending the afternoon outdoors with a good friend is one of the best ways spend my time.  
It was the perfect day.  We entered through Carderock, and The trail wasn’t too crowded - except for that crazy, unleashed greyhound that kept watching us, running circles around us, and almost knocking us over.  Otherwise, we saw other hikers, families, fishermen, and people out for a lazy Sunday stroll.  The trail was surrounded by the C&O Canal and an open, large park.  
We forged through rocky waters.
We stopped to enjoy the view.

But mostly, we talked and laughed and enjoyed the afternoon.  Everything I read said the trail was about 4 miles long, but we were only there for about an hour, so I assume we only did about half of the trail.  

Finding such a quiet place outside the beltway was often be a nice way to escape the stress DC brings to many people.  

2 comments: