Monday, February 13, 2012

A Week of Workouts


This is the week!  This is the week I get up and start using the gym I pay for.  Usually, I donate my money, not my time, to the gym, but I’m sick of it.  I’m sick of spending $30, monthly, on a gym I never use.  I could visit Panera 3 three times.  I could buy 1/12 of a new purse.  I could get 1.5 manicures.   But no.  Instead, I waste the money.  This is my daily journal of my gym experience this week.

Sunday evening
As I do my weekly laundry, ironing, and general garment organizing, I pre-plan my work-out outfits.  No, I’m not a look-cute-at-the-gym-girl.  I’m barely a look-cute-anytime-girl.  I wear old ADIDAS pants and an older t-shirt.  I find three outfits and lay them on the chest under my window.  I have to pass the said chest every time I get out of bed, which for me and my pea-sized bladder is quite often.  I set my alarm for 4:30am.  If the gym opens at 5am, that gives me two snoozes and enough time to wake up, go to the bathroom (again), get dressed and walk next door.  Yes, my gym is LITERALLY right next door.  I’m all set for a wonderful work-out week.

Monday morning, 430am.
Snooze

Monday morning, 436am.
Snooze

Monday morning, 442am.
Snooze

Monday morning, 448am.
I reset my alarm for 530am.  Screw going to the gym!!!!

Monday afternoon, 318pm.
I keep thinking that I should have gone to the gym.  I need a new plan; it is highly doubtful that I’ll have the willpower to wake up an hour early and go to that smelly place.  I researched the gym schedule.  (https://www.lafitness.com/pages/ClassSchedulePrintVersion.aspx?clubid=331)  Hmmm……there are lots of things to do tonight, but alas, I have plans.  Tomorrow, I meet with my tutor buddy, but I could go afterwards.  Wait, I don’t finish with him until about 8pm and my bedtime is at 830ish.  That clearly won’t work.  My 8 hours of sleep is REQUIRED to function.  I guess that means I’ll have to go in the morning.  Yeah, we’ll see how that goes.  Oh, there are a few things I could do Wednesday.  Cardio Jam sounds fun or I could meet some elderly folk during Aqua Fit.  I’ll have to think about that a little more.  I play volleyball on Thursday and we BOTH know I’m not going to the gym AND playing volleyball in the same day.  So, Friday.  Of course I don’t have plans on Friday.  The boy is away playing solider, so it’s just me.  The gym doesn’t offer classes on Friday evening, probably because most people go out and party the night away.  Not this girl!  I guess that means I’ll have to find my own willpower and go to the gym myself.  Yeah, that’s a good plan.  Wait, did I even make a plan?  Oh well, I have to go back to work and stop blogging.  Blah.

Monday evening, 912pm
Oh my.  It’s 45 minutes past my bedtime and I’m just getting home.   No worries, though….I’ll set my alarm for 430am and be at the gym when it opens.  I got this!!!

Tuesday morning, 430am
Are you kidding me?  I reset my alarm for 530am.

Wednesday morning, 7am
Well, it’s pretty dreary out today and I don’t have plans for tonight.  Tonight is the night!  I’m going to the gym.  I’m going to let the treadmill drag me for a mile.  I’m going to crunch the fat in my abdominal area, and I might watch other people do push-ups.  Oh, I’m so excited!

Wednesday afternoon, 1pm
A friend asks me to Happy Hour after work.  Yes, please!!!  

Wednesday evening, 6pm
Hmpf.  I can’t go now.  I’ve got an order of guacamole, queso, and a Corona in my belly.  Oh well.

Thursday early-afternoon, 1150am
Who cares about the gym?  I’ve got volleyball tonight! <Insert impression of me being 6 feet tall spiking the ball over the net.>

Friday evening, 625pm
I have a date with my favorite UMD sweatpants and my DVR.  I admit, I like to decrease my percentage in big chunks.  I know, it’s a bit shameful, but don’t act like you don’t it either.  Geez - stop judging me!
Maybe I’ll go to gym tomorrow.  I’ve got all day and the only thing I’ve got on my plate is a manicure and maybe a little light shopping.  
Yeah, I can hit the gym before I do my errands.  I’m not worried.  I got this.

Sunday evening, sleepy time
Oh crap.  I forgot to go to the gym.  Oh well.  There’s next week.  No fear, dear reader.  I think next week is THE week that I’m be showing my pretty face at the gym.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment