Saturday, November 12, 2011

Life in Progress

To blog or not to blog......


In a few months, I'll have graduated from the University of Maryland. I'll go back to being an adult. Adulthood comes with much more money, but I fear I will feel a bit empty. What do people do after work? How do they fill their time without homework?


I refuse to be the person that watches American Idol just to have something to talk about at work tomorrow. I also refuse to have children.


So, what do I do? I need an objective. Goals. And what better way to keep myself accountable is to share my life with you?!? My intention is to dive into activities and see where it gets me. I'm sure I'll fail, which makes me quite uncomfortable. Erin always says she's not afraid to fail. (Well, she says that about her craft projects.) I am afraid to fail. A lot. But, I also think I won't get too far in life without taking chances.


This is what I'm thinking. This is what I want to do:
run
cook
read
create
explore
grow - literally and figuratively
indulge
simplify
recycle
save
volunteer
learn
write
laugh


Of course, these are in no specific order. I need laughter. I also need food. And sleep. Trust me. Ask Ardalan - if I don't sleep 10 hours and have a delicious meal, I am grumpy! And Emma says that grumpy people don't like to play. Who wants to be THAT girl?


I have to warn you - I probably won't be the best blogger. I won't run that fast and I'm a terrible cook. The only thing I'm good at is recycling. I'm so good that I put all my post-crossword newspapers in the blue bin. I wait for them to pile up, and I wait so long that they fall on the floor. Once Ardalan screams, " I HATE THE WASHINGTON POST," I begrudgingly make the trip to the trash room and recycle. Wait, maybe I'm not a good recycler.


So the answer is.....to blog. I'll blog and I'll make myself vulnerable. And hopefully, I'll grow and evolve and learn and become a better person along the way.


First blog - PUBLISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment